ViewCompanion Standard® is a powerful application for viewing and printing HPGL, HPGL/2 and HP-RTL files
generated by your CAD program or plotter driver. Since the HP-RTL format is supported, your HPGL/2 files with embedded images will be shown correctly.
One of the major features in ViewCompanion is the ability to convert the viewed file into another format. ViewCompanion can convert to the following file formats:
Autodesk Drawing Web Format (DWF), Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG) and Adobe PDF are very useful and popular formats for distributing drawings on the Internet.
You can also use ViewCompanion to convert any HPGL file to AutoDesk DXF format which you can read in any major CAD application, eg: Autodesk AutoCAD.
The ViewCompanion HPGL viewer have advanced functions for zooming and panning, so that you can view your plot files fast and accurate, before actually plotting them.
The program also supports Microsoft's IntelliMouse for zooming and panning operations.
ViewCompanion is certified as Windows 7 Compatible. This includes both 32-bit and 64-bit Windows 7.
Batch printing and conversion functionality is integrated into the program.
The Pro and Premium editions allows you to add markups to the loaded file.
Among the supported markup elements you will find rectangles, ellipses, polygons, text, arrowss, stamps and images.
Markup elements will be stored in a separate file and the original file will not be changed.
All new licenses include 12-months of free software maintenance.
The Pro edition can in addition to HPGL, HPGL/2 and HP-RTL, also view, print, convert and markup TIFF, CALS, JPEG, BMP and PNG files.
The Premium edition supports all Pro formats and in addtion: Adobe PDF, Postscript, EDMICS and JPEG2000.
- View and print HPGL and HPGL/2 files.
- Convert to other formats (PDF, DXF, Postscript etc).
- Supports Metric and Imperial coordinates.
- Multiple Document Interface (MDI) makes it easy to view several files at once.
- Drag and Drop supported. Both single and multiple files.
- Full screen mode.
- Rotate loaded files in steps of 90 degrees.
- Flip or mirror loaded files.
- Load rotated with user defined rotation.
- Copy selected region to clipboard, and paste into another Windows application.
- Add footer/header containing date, scale, time and filename when printing.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on eg. Multiple A4 pages.
- Print Preview.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Compare two plotter files.
- Rasterize to TIFF, PNG, JPEG etc.
- Create password protected PDF and DWF files.
- Batch Printing.
- Batch Conversion.
- Define user Pen Table full control of colors, styles and widths. Also supported for batch printing and conversion.
- Individual Pen visibility control.
- Microsoft IntelliMouse support for zooming and panning.
- Entity information query.
- Distance measurement.
- Polygonal area measurement.
- Text search.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Customizable GUI.
- DDE Interface for easy integration with other programs.
- Supports multipage HPGL/2 files.
- Supports embedded (RTL) raster.
- Send a file directly to an other person using E-Mail from within the program.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
Load (View, print, and convert)
- HPGL and HPGL/2.
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language).
- Calcomp Plotter Format.
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile).
- Adobe PDF, multipage
- Adobe PDF/A-2b, multipage
- Adobe Postscript®
- AutoDesk DWF (compressed and uncompressed)
- AutoDesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- HPGL/2 - HP RTL
- JPEG Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TIFF Raster (CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW and Packbits compression), multipage
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile