scViewerX™ is a powerful ActiveX control that allow you to view, print and convert PLT, Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, CGM, Calcomp, HPGL/2, Gerber, TIF, CALS and several other formats.
ScViewerX can convert your files to a number of different output file formats, including PDF, PDF/A, TIFF, DXF, DWF, CALS and PNG. Please see below for a complete list of supported formats.
You may use the controls PDF to CAD functionality to convert your PDF files back to an editable CAD file, using for example the DXF format.
scViewerX can be used in any development environment that supports ActiveX controls, for example VB.NET, C#, Visual Basic 6, MFC, C++, Delphi and many other.
The SDK includes complete C++, VB.Net and C# sample projects with full source code.
Measure and annotate your drawings with scViewerX
Markup, also known as commenting or annotation, may be added to the displayed file, and included during printing and conversion.
An extensive set of annotation tools which includes text, polylines, polygons, rectangles, circles, ellipses, stamps, barcodes and pictures are available.
Markup elements can be added both interactively and by using code.
There are tools for measurement and counting, which may be useful for e.g.: takeoff applications.
Build your application with ScViewerX
More than 200 methods, properties and events are available for use by your application. You will find methods for comparing drawings, deskewing image files, printing and conversion.
The control can merge, split and encrypt PDF files. There are methods for printing multiple files on a single sheet (n-up), poster printing, scaled print and more.
Please take a look at the online documentation for more information.
scViewerX Key Features
- View, print and convert PLT (HPGL, HPGL/2, KIPGL and HP-RTL) plotter files.
- View, print and convert Adobe PDF files.
- View, print and convert Autodesk DWF and DWFx 2D files.
- View, print and convert Gerber standard and extended files.
- View, print and convert Calcomp plotter files.
- View, print and convert Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM) files.
- View, print and convert TIFF raster files.
- View, print and convert CALS raster files.
- View, print and convert PNG, JPEG and BMP raster files.
- Annotate your files with text, stamps, polygons, images, arrows, area measurements, dimension lines, barcodes, freehands, revision clouds and more.
- Annotations may be included when the file is printed and converted.
- Software Companions XML Markup format is fully supported.
- Use the compare feature to display differences between two revisions fast and easy. You may save the result of the comparison to a file.
- Poster mode for printing large drawings on multiple sheets, for example printing an A0 drawing on multiple A4 sheets.
- Print multiple document pages on a single sheet of paper, known as n-up printing.
- Use the DrawToDC method to draw a file to your own device context.
- Merge two or more PDF files into a single multi-page PDF file.
- Split a PDF file into multiple PDF files with one or more pages each.
- Protect a PDF file using password, encryption and optional restrictions.
- Precise tools for measuring distances and areas with snap to drawing geometry.
- Use pen tables for full control of colors, styles and widths used during printing and conversion.
- Copy to clipboard, and paste into another application.
- Print to all Windows supported plotter and printer devices.
- Color or Black & White Printing.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- No royalty or any other redistribution costs.
- One developer license allows you to redistribute the ActiveX with one application, or to embed it in one WEB server.
- The SDK is available as 32-bit and 64-bit. Only one developer license is required to use and redistribute both.
Open for viewing, printing and conversion
- PLT (HPGL/2, HP-RTL, KIPGL and HPGL)
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF 2D
- Autodesk DWFx 2D
- Calcomp plotter format
- CALS raster
- Computer Graphics Metafiles (CGM). Binary and Clear Text encodings are supported.
- EDMICS C4 tiled raster
- Gerber RS-274D (Standard Gerber files)
- Gerber RS-274X (Extended Gerber files with embedded aperture info)
- Gerber X2
- JPEG raster
- PNG raster
- TIFF raster
- WebP raster
- Windows BMP raster
Conversion output formats
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Adobe Postscript™
- Autodesk DWF
- Autodesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- HPGL/2 Plotter Format
- HP-RTL Plotter Format
- JPEG Graphics
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- TIFF Raster
- WebP raster
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.
PDF viewing, printing and conversion
is fully supported by ScViewerX.
ScViewerX can convert
PDF to CAD formats.
The picture above is a screenshot of the C++ sample application that is included in the SDK.
A customer developed application using scViewerX to view, annotate and convert files.