ViewCompanion Premium is the most powerful member of the ViewCompanion family.
ViewCompanion Premium can view, print and convert Adobe PDF, Autodesk DWF, PLT, CGM, TIFF, CALS, EDMICS and several other formats.
ViewCompanion Premium does support PLT files using HPGL, HPGL/2, HP-RTL, KIPGL and Calcomp plotter languages.
ViewCompanion Premium can convert your files to the following output formats:
Adobe PDF and PDF/A
CALS Group 4
Computer Graphics Metafile
Paintbrush PCX (PCX)
Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
Windows Bitmap (BMP)
Windows Metafile (EMF & WMF)
Your PLT, CGM and DWF files can be converted into Autodesk DXF format, which can be read by all popular CAD applications, for example Autodesk AutoCAD™.
With the built-in PDF to CAD tool you also can convert your PDF files into an editable DXF, Gerber, CGM or SVG file.
Both batch convert and batch print is included. The software can be configured to monitor a user
defined folder, and all files copied to that folder will be automatically printed.
You can merge multiple files of different formats to a single multi-page PDF, DWF or TIFF file.
ViewCompanion can split a multipage PDF, TIFF or DWF file into multiple files.
You may split a PDF file either based on a maximum number of pages per file, or based on the maximum file size for each file.
Use ViewCompanion to compare files of different revisions and visualize the differences. You can compare all supported file formats, including PDF.
A multipage PDF file can be compared page by page.
With ViewCompanion you can measure dimension lengths and areas. All measurements can be done using snap to drawing geometry to give the highest accuracy.
Calibration of the measurement tools is available to make sure you get correct results even if your drawings are not scaled 1:1.
The measurement results may be exported to a csv file, which can be loaded into Excel or any other spreadsheet application.
Annotate your files using markup elements like text, highlight, dimension line, area measurement, polygon, freehand, arrow, stamp, symbol, image and more.
You can either select one of the predefined stamps, or create your own custom stamp.
The symbol libraries make it easy to add frequently used symbols as markups.
All markup elements will be stored in a separate file and the original file will be left unmodified.
The markup elements can be included when the viewed file is printed or converted.
PDF to CAD conversion is included in ViewCompanion Premium
You can use ViewCompanion Premium to add markups, also known as comments or annotations, to your documents.
- View, markup, convert and print files of different formats.
- Convert to a large number of output formats, please see the complete list of formats below.
- Batch print and convert is included.
- Color, Black & White or Grayscale printing and conversion.
- Scaled print or fit to paper.
- Poster mode for printing big format drawings on multiple sheets, e.g. print an A0 drawing in full size using multiple A4 sheets.
- N-up printing mode, also known as multiple pages per paper sheet printing.
- Hot folder printing. Monitor a folder and print all files that are copied to this folder.
- Add footer and header containing date, scale, time, filename or custom text to the printed file.
- Annotate all supported formats.
- Include annotation during printing and conversion.
- Export markup to DXF, DWF, CGM and SVG.
- Precise measurement with snap to drawing geometry.
- Send the viewed file by e-Mail, either as a PDF, as a JPEG or in the original format.
- Easy to use installation and uninstallation software.
- Compare two files and visualize the differences.
- Compare two multi-page PDF files, page by page.
- Merge different PDF files into a single multipage PDF file.
- Split a multipage PDF file into individual files.
- Digitally sign PDF files.
- Scan and create a new file, or add as page to active file.
- Raster processing tools that include deskew and cleanup.
- Import a file and append as a new page to the active file.
- Overlay up to 10 files and print as one drawing.
- Apply watermark using text, or a raster image, to the printed file.
- Use pen table for full control of colors, styles and widths.
- Copy a selected region, or whole drawing, to clipboard, and paste into other applications.
- Text search and extract.
- Store commonly used files in projects.
- Shell Extension for easy access to functions inside the Explorer Window and a full preview of the selected file.
- Extensive set of command line parameters for conversion and printing.
- Delete pages from multipage files (for example TIFF and PDF).
- Use the PDF to CAD tool to convert your PDF files into DXF, DWF, PLT, SVG and CGM .
ViewCompanion Premium can open the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF 2D
- Autodesk DWFx 2D
- BMP (Windows Bitmap format)
- Calcomp plotter format
- CALS type 1 and 2
- CGM (Computer Graphics Metafile) 1
- DCX (Multipage PCX)
- ECW (Enhanced Compression Wavelet)
- EDMICS C4 (Group 4 Tiled)
- EMF (Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- EMZ (Compressed Windows Enhanced Metafile)
- Gerber RS-274D (standard)
- Gerber RS-274X (extended)
- HP-RTL (Raster Transfer Language)
- PCX (PC Paintbrush format)
- PLT, HPGL/2, HPGL and KIPGL plotter formats
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- SFF (Structured Fax Format)
- TGA (Truevision Targa).
- WebP (Google Image Format for the WEB)
- WMF (Windows Metafile)
1. Supports CGM files using binary and clear text encoding. Supported profiles includes ATA, CALS, WEBCGM and CGM*PIP.
ViewCompanion Premium can convert to the following formats:
All files can be converted to the following formats:
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Autodesk DWF
- AVI 1
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster 2
- GIF Raster
- HP-RTL Raster
- JPEG Raster
- JPEG2000 Raster
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- TIFF Raster 3
- WebP Image
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If the loaded file is a vector file you may convert to the additional formats:
- Autodesk DXF
- Gerber RS-274X
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Adobe Postscript®
- Scalable Vector Graphics
Vector files includes the following formats:
PDF, CGM, DWF, DWFx, HPGL/2, PLT, Gerber and Calcomp.
1. AVI files can be created by using the Movie Maker tool. This tool will let you add multiple files, of all the different formats ViewCompanion supports, to a movie.
Each page from all the added files will be converted to a single frame in the movie.
2. MIL-PRF-28002B Type 1.
3. Supported compression methods for TIFF includes: CCITT-G3, CCITT-G4, LZW, and Packbits.
4. No additional applications or drivers are needed for conversion.