scConverter™ is a DLL that can convert PDF, DWF, Gerber, CGM, TIFF, CALS, PLT, PNG and JPEG files to a large number of output formats.
The list of available output formats includes Adobe PDF, PDF/A, DXF, DWF, CALS, TIFF, PLT and PNG.
You will find a complete list of all available input and output formats below.
You have full control of the conversion process and can select scaling, resolution, number colors to use and more using the available methods and properties.
You can define pen tables to control colors, line widths, line styles and line end style.
Markup, also known as comments or annotations, may be added to the converted file. An extensive set of annotation types which includes text, stamps,
barcodes, polylines, polygons, rectangles, circles, ellipses and pictures are available.
ScConverter can convert from PDF to CAD formats, for example DXF.
With scConverter you may merge multiple PDF files into a single multipage PDF file. You can merge all pages from the different PDF files, or a selection of pages.
In addition scConverter includes a function for splitting a multipage PDF file into multiple PDF files with one or more pages each.
With the PDF to CAD functionality you can convert your PDF files into editable DXF, Gerber, CGM and SVG file formats.
You may use scConverter in any development environment that does support COM, for example .NET, VB, C++, MFC, C#, Delphi, ASP, ASPX and many others.
If your application, or development environment, doesn't support COM, the DLL does in addition export functions that can be called directly.
The SDK includes several source code samples, including a command line converter, a complete batch converter and a utility for merging several individual PDF files into a multipage PDF file.
scConverter Key Features
- Convert Adobe PDF files.
- Convert Autodesk DWF 2D files.
- Convert Autodesk DWFx 2D files.
- Convert TIFF, CALS, PNG, JPEG and BMP image formats.
- Convert PLT, HPGL, HPGL/2, KIPGL and HP-RTL files.
- Convert CGM files.
- Convert Calcomp plotter files.
- Convert Gerber plotter files.
- Convert your files into PDF, PDF/A, DWF, DXF, CGM, Gerber, TIFF, JPEG, PNG and other formats.
- Compare two files and save the result as PDF, PNG or JPEG.
- Use the Software Companions XML Markup format to add annotations to the converted files.
- Merge two or more PDF files into a single multi-page PDF file.
- Split a multi-page PDF file into multiple PDF files with one or more pages.
- Split a multi-page TIFF file into multiple single paged TIFF files.
- Encrypt a PDF file with a custom password.
- Conform an existing PDF file into PDF/A standard.
- Create vector PDF files from PLT, DWF, Gerber or CGM files.
- Use the PDF to CAD functionality to create editable cad files from PDF.
- Extract a thumbnail of a page either to an image file, or by using the IPicture interface (image in memory).
- Load multiple Gerber layers and convert to a image file where each layer is drawn with a specific color.
- Add conversion to your own application by using either the COM interface or the exported functions.
- The SDK is available as both 32- and 64-bit.
- Only one developer license is needed to develop and redistribute both 32- and 64-bit.
- No royalty or other redistribution costs.
- Adobe PDF
- Autodesk DWF 2D
- Autodesk DWFx 2D
- Calcomp plotter format
- CALS Type 1
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM)
- EDMICS image format (TG4)
- Excellon Drill
- Gerber RS-274D (standard)
- Gerber RS-274X (extended)
- Gerber X2
- Intergraph image formats
- PLT, HPGL, HPGL/2, KIPGL and HP-RTL
- PNG (Portable Network Graphics)
- TIFF (Tagged Image File Format)
- WEBP Google Image Format
- Windows BMP
- Adobe PDF
- Adobe PDF/A
- Adobe Postscript™
- Autodesk DWF
- Autodesk DXF
- CALS CCITT Group 4 Raster (Type 1)
- Computer Graphics Metafile (CGM Binary)
- Gerber RS-274X
- HPGL/2 (PLT)
- Paintbrush PCX
- Portable Network Graphics (PNG)
- Scalable Vector Graphics (SVG)
- WEBP Google Image Format
- Windows Bitmap
- Windows Enhanced Metafile
- Windows Metafile
If you have Microsoft® Office, or LibreOffice, installed on the system you may also convert Office formats with scConverter.
Supported Operating Systems
- Windows Vista, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 7, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 8.1, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows 10, 32 and 64 bit.
- Windows Server 2003
- Windows Server 2008
- Windows Server 2012
- Windows Server 2016
- Windows Server 2019
- Supports Terminal Server and Citrix.